Bamboo Induction Heating IH Ceramic Rice Cooker Champagne Rose (YUM-IH15)
- 220-240V, 50Hz with 3 pin UK plug (add 2 pin EU plug for £2.50)
- 8 cup capacity of uncooked rice - enough for 1-8 people
- ‘UMAI’ (Smart Brain) Induction Heating (IH) technology
- White/long grain, short grain (for sushi) and brown rice settings
- ‘Yumami’ (umami extra taste) and GABA brown settings
- Useful multi-cooker features - steam, porridge, slow cook, cake baking and crust (tahdig) settings
- High quality 5 layer 3mm thick ‘Joubu’ ceramic coated inner bowl with easy lift handles
- 24 hours keep warm function and 24 hours timer feature
- State of the art Korean designed 'Motouch' control panel
- White Rose colour bright LED display
- Stylish Champagne Rose metallic effect finish exterior with black accented diamond pattern lid
- 3D heating technology
- Detachable inner lid, outer steam cap and condensation collector for easy cleaning
- Steam basket, measuring cup, spatula and soup ladle included
- Detachable power cord
What Makes Bamboo Special
'Best all rounder and Star Buy' awarded by BBC Good Food 2020
'Best Rice Cooker 2020' awarded by T3
'Ideal Home Approved Product'
‘Best Multi-function rice cooker’ by Expert Reviews
‘Recommended Rice Cooker 2020’ awarded by The Telegraph
Here at Yum Asia we are rice cooker experts and have worked with Japanese rice cooking technologies, learned exactly how they work and their best and most useful features. Bamboo is our most premium, high-end rice cooker – it’s ideal for the growing family or people who just love eating rice! Bamboo is the very first Induction Heating rice cooker for the UK and Europe and it has some unique and special rice cooking functions that are sure to please any rice lover and will give professional, restaurant quality rice.
Bamboo uses our ‘Umai IH’ (or smart brain) to control it's advanced magnetic coil heating system that ensures perfect cooking every time...you can cook long grain, short grain (including sushi and glutinous rice), brown rice (short or long grain). Bamboo doesn’t just cook perfect rice, it cooks other grains like quinoa, cous cous, millet and pearl barley perfectly too. The add on functions include porridge that can be used for rice porridge or oat porridge, slow cook, steam (steam basket included), cake baking and crust (for Persian Tahdig).
Bamboo has a unique rice cooking feature for any type of white rice – ‘Yumami’ which was designed and developed by Yum Asia. This is a specific cooking cycle with different temperatures, it releases sugars contained in the rice to heighten the 'Umami' taste sense of the tongue and this phased rice cooking is said to make the rice tasted sweeter and 'moreish', hence the name 'Yumami'.
Bamboo also features a setting for GABA brown. This GABA setting soaks and ‘activates’ any type of brown rice to release the gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA in the brown rice and multiplies the rice nutrient value.
We often get questions about Zojirushi Induction Heating (IH) models like the US power models NP-NVC10/18, NP-HCC10/18 and NP-GBC05. There are only a couple of IH models made for 220-240v power and we have no plans to supply these because they haven’t passed any CE safety tests for use in the UK or Europe; therefore they cannot be legally supplied within the UK or Europe. The Zojirushi IH models would also very, very expensive to purchase (£550 upwards) for customers.
Award Winning Brand In The Following Featured Publications
Bamboo’s Features And Functions