Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Our terms have been provided and approved by legal documents provider LegalCentre.co.uk. Please read the terms in full before you use this Website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1. SITE ACCESS
1.1 You will be able to access this Website without having to register any details with us.
2. USE OF WEBSITE
2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. SITE UPTIME
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. VISITOR CONDUCT
4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material: (a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents; (b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom; (c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us; (b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us; (c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
5.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2 The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
7. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
7.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
8. PROVISION OF INFORMATION AND RIGHT TO CANCEL
8.1 Yum Asia conducts business from a residential address, so do not publish this address publically on our website. Our address is provided to you after your order has been placed on an order confirmation e-mail. This e-mail is classed as a ‘durable medium’ which cannot be changed.
8.2 Your right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 is outlined on our warranty and returns policy page. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you also agree to the policy outlined on the warranty and returns policy page.
9. GOVERNING JURISDICTION
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
What are the WEEE regulations?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
What is Yum Asia doing?
Yum Asia are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product. For example, if a customer bought a new EEE from us we would accept their old EEE and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Please contact us for more information. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
These conditions apply to YumE-vouchers which have been purchased from yumasia.co.uk.
1. Each YumE-voucher has a unique claim code and can be redeemed at yumasia.co.uk on any purchase.
2. If the value of an order exceeds the value of the voucher the balance must be paid by either credit/debit card.
3. If the full amount of the voucher is not redeemed, the balance will be given by way of a new voucher. YumE-voucher balances and refunds are also subject to these terms and conditions and are additionally not assignable or transferable.
4. YumE-vouchers cannot be used to buy further YumE-vouchers.
5. It is not currently possible to redeem more than one YumE-voucher against an order.
6. YumE-vouchers are transferable and have a cash redemption value of 0.001p. YumE-voucher balances are not transferable and also have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
7. Yum Asia terms and conditions of purchase for using the yumasia.co.uk website apply.
FREE GIFT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Free gift offers are limited to certain products and cannot be combined with other offers (such as combination purchases like rice cooker and thermal mug combo deals)
2. The free gift cannot be exchanged for another product or for cash discount
3. The free gift offer is time limted and can be terminated at any time by Yum Asia
4. If returning the product a free gift is included with, this free gift also has to be new and unused with the product box or we reserve the right to deduct the cost of this gift from any refund issued